Error 0x0000008e and Haxdoor Virus
Haxdoor virus is a sophisticated virus that frequently causes Error STOP 0x0000008e or STOP 0x00000050. STOP 0x0000008e error message means that your PC may be infected with HaxDoor virus.
However, don’t pay from $250 to $500 or even more to a PC repair service (this is the average cost of things you can easily do on your own at little or no cost).
- Free Download 0x0000000A Fix
- This is my favorite tool because it fixed 0x0000000A and all other errors I had.
- It automatically fixes error 0x0000000A as well as a wide range of computer problems,
such as other error messages, blue screens, .dll and .sys errors, crashes, freezes, registry
damage and other troubles.
- Another critically important thing is that with this tool, I don't even have to upgrade my computer!
- This tool is widely used by PC technicians to fix Windows errors and repair damaged systems.
- Install the program and launch it.
- Let the program scan your computer and remove the error.
Fix Everything Yourself And Save Hundreds Of Dollars!
STOP 0x0000008e and Haxdoor Virus: Advanced
Below, you can read how you can try to remove Haxdoor Virus and fix STOP 0x0000008e manually. These guides are for your information only, our site’s staff denies any responsibility for any consequenses of the actions users implement on their own based on these guides! If you are not sure about your PC knowledge, hire a PC technician or fix 0x0000008e and the damage done to your system by the virus using the tools suggested above!
What HaxDoor Virus Does
The HaxDoor virus does the following after invading your system:
- Creates a hidden process.
- Hides files registry keys and files.
- Copies malicious executable file to your system-although the name of this file may vary, the most common name is Mszx23.exe.
- Copies a driver with name Vdmt16.sys or Vdnt32.sys on the system-this driver assists the virus by hiding its process.
- Restores itself even when your remove it from your PC.
The last point is the reason why this virus is partucularly tricky to banish manually and we highly recommend this tool that not detects and removes a virus and all its components but also fixes the damage it ha done to you system.
Removing HaxDoor Manually (For Advanced Users!)
- Run Regedit
- Find the following registry key and delete all its subkeys referencing drct16 or draw32 :
- Boot your system from Windows installation CD
- Press R when you see Welcome to Setup screen.
- Choose your operating system, enter admin pass, if requested, press Enter.
- At Command Prompt window, type the following and then press Enter:
- use the ren command to rename all of the following files and then press Enter (A good idea is to change file extensions .bad. If you do not find some file from the list, pass on to the next file):
cm.dll, 1.a3d, raw32.dll, cz.dll, dt163.dt, drct16.dll, hm.sys, fltr.a3d, hz.sys, hz.dll, in.a3d, i.a3d, klogini.dll, klo5.sys, memlow.sys, p2.ini, mszx23.exe, ps.a3d, tnfl.a3d, vdmt16.sys, redir.a3d, vdnt32.sys, WD.SYS, w32tm.exe, wmx.a3d, winlow.sys, wz.sys, wz.dll
- Remove Windows installation CD and restart your system
- Run Regedit again, find the following keys and delete them and any subkeys under them (if you do not find some key pass on to the next one):
- Find the following keys (if any) and delete any entries under them that include Mszx23.exe file name:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunServices HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\RunServices HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\Run
- Close Regedit and restart your system.
Chances are that the visrus is now gone.